During the last two weeks, the Turkish economy was highlighted by the following items:
- GDP rose by 6%y/y in 4thQ09, leading to a GDP decrease of -4.7% in 2009.
- CPI index rose by 0.6%m/m in March10, implying a 9.5%y/y increase.
- Current Account’s deficit widened as it posted a deficit of US$2.6bn in Feb10 (vs. a deficit of US$308mn in Feb09).
- Industrial Production increased by 18%y/y in Feb10.
- Public Sector gross debt stock reached TL465bn as of year-end 09, equivalent to 49% of the country’s GDP.
- Constitutional Amendments were introduced to the Parliament for discussions.